Monday, January 26, 2009

Kaloka

I promised to keep my blog entry to only 2 posts a day (lest you think that is all i do). But i can't help myself.

I just received a call on my mobile from a very dear friend..

After the usual niceties..this is how it went..down to brass tacks..

"Oi.. Diva (her way of annoying me) may blog-blog ka pa ngayon"
"You know naman pala to write" she said,
"I just wanted something to do to break the monotony..blah..blah..blah..." i said.
"And ano naman about you using Augustina? bakit big deal?"
"Eh gusto ko eh"
"I feel right about it..bagay ng gamitin...1961 pa yan"
"Di bagay sa iyo.. Augustina??!!
"Wala ka naman pedigree.." obviously, a dig.
"Ano ka..feeling like...XXXXXXXXXX (mentions a very accomplished contemporary who truly deserves to use her distinguished name and hyphenate all names - born and married to - that reeks money, success and respect)
"Of course not!" I answer.

"Ay naku! ...I know you!!! I know where that's coming from... and for what purpose" she says in her usual endearing sarcastic way..
"Ano?!" .......

Expecting some psycho-babble crap....
"Para malaman nila na August ang Birthday mo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment