Sunday, January 5, 2020

Let's Start With Shoes


Hello 2020.  Let me start.

I love shoes.  Not in the way that most will expect or inclined to be.  I do not have gazillion pairs...I do not care  for fashion and however a pair can make one definitive statement about  what I can afford and how far I have gone.  My shoes - currently pared down to just 24 pairs - crossing over 4 seasons (deliberately and out of necessity)  each one a mirror to my self.  So I like them basic, comfortable, age / function / weather appropriate and slightly quirky. 

To understand my choices of footwear is to know that I am eternally preppy-ish (stuck in the 80's) and believe that simple is sophistication.  So while I am in awe and admire those who can really rock and run in a stiletto; in boots to the beach and have blings and the rainbow in their feet, its just not for me.  I like wearing a pair that keeps me grounded and confident - and I want my stride to show that. And the big question that begs to be answered - How can one see the beauty that is Life  (as told to us) if my feet is in excruciating pain.  I am aware that I will be judged by my footwear  - but (I tell myself) they have not walked in my shoes. That's my story to tell :-)

I am sharing my kick-off shoes for the new decade - A Retro-Classic 515 New Balance Black and Gold Speckled Sneakers.  This pair was given to me by my husband, Eric. Won't break the bank nor will it say I have arrived.  He knew down pat that I would love it..  Because it is so me.  So very me.  For sure, this 25th pair will make me take big steps all through 2020 many more years down the road. 

There,  Done.  Back in the lane, and hopefully staying there.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment