Monday, February 9, 2009

Lara

In late October 2005, An acquaintance, whom i knew as Lara sent me an email with this saying from Mother Theresa. She was not a regular email pal nor was she in my loop (I only met her once, when i accompanied my Mom to her MRI and she was also there for hers, as i recall - so this was a surprise to me. I don't remember giving her any personal information. Until now i am still puzzled how she was able to send me this. It was not the usual group-chain-email as i was the only recipient of the email and it came on the day/at a time when i needed affirmation.

She is a devotee of Mother Theresa and she sent me this while on a religious pilgrimage to Calcutta (as what she said in her email). I still haven't found the how, the why and the the where-for's of this email, but i believe that a greater force, wanted me to have it. I have kept this to heart since that day.

******************************************************************************

The Final Analysis

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered Forgive them anyway
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight; Build anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is all between you and God, It was never between you and them anyway.

- -Mother Theresa-

No comments:

Post a Comment